What does 50+ years in the insurance industry look like?
Where Terry started his career in Insurance….
- 1958 Phoenix age 16 to 20 Internal support role
- 1962 Phoenix Trainee Inspector (Sales)- Underwriting
- 1971 Phoenix Agency Supervisor – Underwriting
- 1976 Robinson Insurance Services – Insurance Broking
- 1977 OAMPS – co-founding Directors (OAMPS was to become one of Australia’s largest and most successful Insurance Broker firms)
- 1993 became a co-Director owner of Cilmi Wigley Insurance Brokers
- 2000 bought out Cilmi Wigley shares (later renamed Midland Insurance Brokers)
- 2014 Awarded the Lex McKeown Trophy in recognition of ‘outstanding service’ and ‘significant contribution to the broking profession’
Terry's other achievements included…
- NIBA – 1981 founding Director supporting a formal educational standard and program for the Insurance industry.
- NIBA- ex-Board member who was instrumental in engaging NIBA to sponsor Guide dogs raising over $800,000 during this period
- Point Lonsdale Surf Lifesaving Club – Life time member
- Eastern Golf Club – Ex-President