Click to expand
What Information Do We Collect And How Do We Use It?
We will collect personal information for primary purposes, which are relevant to providing and administrating our products and services.
To enable us to provide advice on and arrange financial services, we collect the information needed by ourselves to ensure appropriate advice to you and information required by product suppliers. We will usually provide some or all of this information to our product suppliers. Some of these companies may be located outside Australia.
When a claim is made under an insurance policy, to enable us to assist in the claim process, we and our representatives and those of the insurer (including loss adjusters, investigators, medical advisers and lawyers) collect information about the claim, some of which may be personal information. We may collect the information from you or from third parties.
We provide this information to the insurer and those appointed to assist you in making a claim. Again this information may be passed on to your underwriters and reinsurers. We may use your personal information internally to help us improve our services and help resolve any problems.
What If You Don’t Provide Some Information To Us?
We can only apply for and arrange financial service products if we have all relevant information. The insurance laws also require insured’s to provide all the information required by the end insurer to help them decide whether to insure you and on what terms. Credit Providers also require specific information to help them assess any credit applications that we may facilitate on your behalf.
How Do We Hold And Protect Your Information?
We hold the information we collect from you in our computer system and in our hard copy files. We ensure that your information is safe by following the usual security procedures expected by our clients.
Will We Disclose The Information We Collect To Anyone?
We may disclose information to:
• Insurers, underwriters, underwriting agencies, wholesale brokers and reinsurers (for the purpose of seeking recovery from them or to assist them to assess insurance risks);
• Premium funders / Credit providers for the purposes of gaining quotations on and arranging funding of your insurance premiums / financial investments.
• An investigator, assessor, State or Federal Health Authorities, lawyers, accountants, medical practitioners, hospitals or other professional advisors (for the purposes of investigating or assessing your claim);
• A lawyer or recovery agent (for the purpose of defending an action by a third party against you or for the purpose of recovery costs including your excess);
• Contractors who supply services to us, e.g. to handle mailings on our behalf.
• An immediate family member;
• Other companies in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event
However, we will do our best to ensure that they protect the information in the same way that we do. We may provide this information to others if we are required to do so by law or under some unusual other circumstances which the Privacy Act permits. We do not sell, trade, or rent personal information to others.
How Can You Check, Update or Change Your Information
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to allow us to identify the information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that we agree is inaccurate. If you wish to access or correct your personal information please write to the Privacy Officer, C/- our office.
We do not charge for receiving a request for access to personal information or for complying with a correction request. We do however reserve the right to charge you for all reasonable costs and outgoings specifically incurred in meeting your request for information.
By asking us to provide you with our financial services, you consent to the collection and use of the information you have provided to us for the purposes described above.Privacy Information Access and Disputes
If you wish to access the information we hold about you or if you have concerns about how we handle your information, please contact our Privacy Officer on (03) 9349 2733
• To download our Financial Services Guide in PDF format click here
• To download our Self Storage Financial Services Guide for Miramar/Lloyd’s Insured’s in PDF format click here
• If you are unable to download the files, please contact out office for a copy.
• We adhere to the Insurance Brokers Code of Practice and General Insurance Code of Practice.
• To view the Insurance Brokers Code of Practice click here
• To view the General Insurance Code of Practice click here
Clients not satisfied with our services should contact our Complaints Officer. We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), a free consumer service. Further information is available from our office or contact AFCA directly on 1800 931 678
or visit afca.org.au