Water damage claims are one of the most common types of insurance claims.
Often this is due to burst pipes or worn out hoses and membranes, especially when no one is home to turn off the water supply.
Damage from water often requires our clients to vacate the premises while repairs are being conducted, causing significant disruption.
We understand the frustration that comes with water damage and we want to help you avoid similar incidents in the future.
What can you do?
- A tiled shower recess that is over 25 years old the membrane may need to be reapplied.
- If you have a tiled roof, a professional should inspect your roof and replace any cracked tiles or re-align slipped tiles on a regular basis.
- Never flush wipes, sanitary products or other foreign objects down the toilet.
- Check faucets and appliances hoses regularly for cracks and leaks.
- Turn off appliances such as fridges and washing machines if you are going to be away for a while.
- Check your gutters for blockages
- Get in early. Water damage insurance claims will exacerbate if left unattended. The sooner the damage is fixed the lower the claim expense will be.
Prevent water leakage:
There are two options to water leak detection that can significantly reduce the escape of water; water sensors and a water shut-off device.
Water sensors are designed to sense water and send an alert, and are ideally suited to high risk appliances such as plumbed fridges, dishwashers and washing machines. They can send an alert to your phone so that you can take appropriate action.
Water shut-off devices constantly monitor the flow of water and operate on time based parameters, shutting off the water at the mains once water flow reaches the pre-set time. These systems are fully programmable and have home and away modes to maximise protection when the building is unattended.
- Minimises water damage to property and contents caused by water leaks and faulty plumbing/appliances
- Avoids the trauma and inconvenience of a major water damage loss
- Provides peace of mind while your primary home or holiday home is unattended
- Prevents excess water bills caused by previously unknown leaks
- Eliminates water wastage and raises water consumption awareness